KSPS's FitKids Addresses Childhood Obesity
KSPS, public television for the Inland Northwest and Canada, partners with several local and regional health organizations to provide daily message points to help address the issue of childhood obesity. The messages are aimed at both children and adults, and offer information about nutrition and exercise. In 2012, KSPS’s FitKids initiative aired over 2,200 messages during children’s programming that educate children on how to stay fit and healthy for life. Additionally, KSPS’s FitKids website is full of healthy lifestyle tips and facts where children and adults can learn how to eat, move and learn in a healthy way.
FitKids themes include:
- 60 Minutes of Exercise Every Day.
- Why Exercise is so Cool! Strong Bones. Strong Muscles. Strong Heart. Strong Mind.
- Eat a Rainbow of Fruits and Vegetables Every Day.
- Stay in Balance, Energy Balance---Maintaining a Healthy Weight.
- Feed the Body, Fuel the Mind.
- Health, Culture and Traditional Ways.
- Now We're Cooking!
- Food Glorious Food. From Seed to Table.
- Mindful Eating. You are what you Eat!
- Water Power.
You can watch a FitKids on-air message here:
For more information, visit the KSPS FitKids website here.