Jack and Dorothy Byrne Foundation
c/o Robert E. Snyder
80 South Main Street, Suite 202
Hanover, NH 03755-2053
Contact: Dorothy M. Byrne, President
Telephone: (603) 643-7799
Type of foundation: Independent
Types of grants: General/operating support
Description: The Foundation was established in 1999 in Delaware. On Nov. 30, 2007, the Foundation absorbed the assets of The Byrne Foundation, Inc. The Foundation has identified the following areas of interest:
- Cancer research.
- Higher education, college (community/junior).
- $100,000 to New Hampshire Public Radio, Concord, NH for general support (2007).
- $50,000 to Vermont Public Radio, Colchester, VT for general support (2007).
- $25,000 to Vermont ETV, Vermont Public Television, Colchester, VT for general support (2008).
- $10,000 to New Hampshire Public Television, Durham, NH for general support (2007).
- $1,000 to KUED-Channel 7, Salt Lake City, UT for general support (2008).
Fit for public broadcasting: The Foundation has made multiple gifts to public media in multiple states. The Foundation has made 15 grants for radio/television projects over the past three years, totaling $248,000.
Eligibility: Giving primarily in New Hampshire and Vermont. No grants to individuals.
How to apply: Initial approach should be a letter.
Giving range: The average gift for radio/television projects is approximately $16,500. The Foundation has made gifts as high as $400,000.
Assets: $9,379,268 (2008)
Total giving: $3,348,080 (2008)
This Grant Center profile is a synopsis of the foundation and its giving, based on currently available information. It is not intended to be a comprehensive source. Be sure to consult the foundation website for additional information.