Applying for Grants on Grants.gov
A number of federal grant applications must be submitted at Grants.gov. In order to submit applications, users must register. Registration usually takes three to five business days, but it can take up to four weeks.
There are three steps to registering:
- If you don't already have one, request a DUNS number by clicking here.
- If your organization is not registered with the Central Contractor Registration, it must do so by clicking here.
- Register with Grants.gov by clicking here.
Once you're registered, click here to apply for grants.
Help desk email: email@example.com
Support line number: 1-800-518-GRANTS (4726)
How to Complete a Grants.gov Application Package: Training Demonstration
This video demonstration is on applying for federal grants using grants.gov.
Due to the high volume applications for FY 2010 and Recovery Act funding, Federal agencies offer the following advice for applying on Grants.gov:
- Submit applications early for faster processing on Grants.gov.
- Submit applications outside of normal business hours on the east coast , i.e., before 9:00 a.m. EST, after 5:30 p.m. EST and on weekends.
- If you encounter problems submitting your application, contact the program official for the grant you are applying for to prevent missing the submission deadline.
To get the latest status updates for Grants.gov visit http://grants-gov.blogspot.com/.